Evinco Support Forum
Fail on log file - Printable Version

+- Evinco Support Forum (https://www.evinco-software.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Evinco's Software (https://www.evinco-software.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: RoboMail Mass Mail software (https://www.evinco-software.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Fail on log file (/thread-74.html)

Fail on log file - traffer - 12-22-2007

Can you explain the meaning of 'Fail' on log a bit better?

If the recipient's email address is bad, but the message was sent 'Success', I will get a returned message back saying bad address.

So what does the Fail mean? I can see this is sometimes when the ISP is blocking. I was able to send a large number, 1500 mails, with Success. Still 400 or so received Fail. What others reasons produce a Fail? This does not mean the recipient address was bad?

Great software by the way. Individual greeting, editing of HTML, attachments, and picuture insert, with log...Just what I needed. Thank you!

RE: Fail on log file - support - 12-23-2007

traffer Wrote:Can you explain the meaning of 'Fail' on log a bit better?

If the recipient's email address is bad, but the message was sent 'Success', I will get a returned message back saying bad address.  

So what does the Fail mean?  I can see this is sometimes when the ISP is blocking.  I was able to send a large number, 1500 mails, with Success.  Still 400 or so received Fail.  What others reasons produce a Fail?  This does not mean the recipient address was bad?

Great software by the way.  Individual greeting, editing of HTML, attachments, and picuture insert, with log...Just what I needed.  Thank you!

Fail can be:
- Invalid email. e.g. a@@a.com, 1#$a@a.com
  RoboMail will check for the email address syntax, like illegal character
- Invalid domain of email e.g. 123@notcorrect.domain
  If the domain is invalid, RoboMail will mark it as FAIL
- No internet connection
  If no internet connection, and RoboMail cannot verify the email domain, which will also mark the email as FAIL.

So, if the domain of email address is valid and the syntax is correct, RoboMail will sent the email out. If there is no such recipient in this domain, the receving mail server may bounce the messge back and say "Bad address".

RE: Fail on log file - traffer - 12-23-2007

That' what I needed to know.

FYI - Final tally 1713 success, 207 fail. These contacts go back 7 years, so would have been some bad URL's or worse. Not bad at all. The information should keep me busy for the next couple of months.

Thanks again!

RE: Fail on log file - Guest - 04-11-2008

I have robo mail installed in two machines. In one it works just great, in the other it doesn't work. I don't know what the problem may be because my internet connection is working properly and it has the same configuration as the other machine which does work. I woul appreciate any help in this matter.

RE: Fail on log file - Guest - 05-06-2008

Guest Wrote:I have robo mail installed in two machines. In one it works just great, in the other it doesn't work. I don't know what the problem may be because my internet connection is working properly and it has the same configuration as the other machine which does work. I woul appreciate any help in this matter.

You may see if you have any anti-virus / firewall installed on the machine which may block the outgoing emails.