Cannot read Help or Preview Docs
craisin Offline

Threads: 1
Cannot read Help or Preview Docs
I have just purchased this great program but have had a couple of problems (not solved by re-installing...gone down that path).

Everything works fine except if I press "F1" no help appears (nor does it by going via the menu "Help/Contents". I have verified that the hep file exists in the directory "C:\Program Files\EasyBilling\bin\hlp".
The filename is "easybilling.chm" and it opens externally from EasyBilling.

Also, Easybilling will not allow me to preview my documents when I click on the "Preview" button or select "File/Preview" from the menu.
I have Acrobat Reader 9 installed and it successfully reads the PDF attachment if I send an email with a PDF attachment from within "EasyBilling".

It's as though something is stopping EasyBilling from running external programs such as "Acrobat Reader" and the "Microsoft HTML Help Executable".

By the way, both these executables are the defaults listed to open "PDF" and "CHM" files under "File Types" under "Tools/Folder Options" in "My Computer". (I am running on Windows XP SP3).

I closed down my Virus checking program (Avast) just in case that was the culprit - no success :-(

Has anyone had similar/same problem and know of a solution?
02-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Find Reply
chpiere

RE: Cannot read Help or Preview Docs
yes, here.

when we try the software, we cannot do the preview by hitting the button. after reinstall the pdf viewer, everythings go fine.

it seems that the pdf default viewer is not set well in windows before.

curt Pierre
02-26-2010, 10:05 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread |